Postdocs and Students
We are always looking for motivated postdocs and students to join our projects (or to start new projects).
Research Assistant I will be responsible for:
- Experiments: In vitro and in vivo neuroscience experiments: experiments may include behavioral tests (main), brain dissection and sectioning, immunohistochemistry, microscopy/imaging, molecular biology, cell biology, and optogenetics.
- Lab duty: Genotyping of mice by PCR, mouse colony management, preparation of general solutions, buffers, gels, etc.
- Ordering and lab support: Order and maintain lab supplies, materials, and equipment. Unpack received orders and arrange returns of damaged or incorrect orders. Maintain a clean, safe and functional laboratory. Assist the PI in preparing reports, abstracts and publications of data.
To qualify, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field of science with knowledge in neuroscience.
- Some laboratory experience preferred, as well as experience with rodents and the above described experiments. Two year minimum commitment.
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to Hisashi Umemori.